Wednesday 26 March 2014

Front Cover InDesign Draft: 3


This is the further construction of my front cover. I have decided to move the positioning of my pug to the bottom right hand corner of the front cover (instead of the top right hand corner) so that there is enough room to add my sell lines at the top of the page. I have decided to increase the size of my pull quote so that the audience recognise that the story line is included in the same interview as the band 'Rage City' which is my splash. Therefore the audience realise that the splash and pull quote go together. I have also decided to change the colour of my pull quote to white so that it stands out on top of the picture of the band, seen as the black blended into the background and it was hard to make out what the pull quote said.  Lastly I added two sell lines, which had red and black coloured font, to match the colour scheme of the front cover. I decided to make the headings red so that they stood out dramatically compared to the black writing and I also decided to use two different font styles embedded into the sell lines so that certain words stood out over the rest. I also decided to use different font sizes so that I was able to emphasise certain words such as "survive" which made the sell lines seem more dramatic and exciting, which helped to entice the reader in. I also decided to move one sell line over to the left hand side of the page near to the band, so that there was enough room to fit another sell line on the right hand side, but this wasn't planned on my original drawn draft of my front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment