Thursday 10 October 2013

Main image (options)

 
 
On my front cover I wanted my main image to be the sixth form female student that is the lead singer of "The Attix" (acoustic double act) seen as it relates to my splash. I took a number of photos, with a variety of background so that i could choose the most effective image for the school magazine.

 
This was the first background option for my main image. I originally took this because I thought that a medium shot with a school sign behind the student would be effective giving the readers an immediate idea that the photo was taken on school premises, showing that it represents pupils and their school lives. But the only negative point I thought was that you couldn't see the student's emotion.
 

The second image I took had the same background. But i decided to get the student to pose with her hands on her hips to help reflect her personality and attitude. Also I tried to overcome the problems of the last image by taking the shot closer and focusing on the student more than the background, helping to show her emotions and making her the subject of the image due to the fact the splash is about her acoustic act. I think that it helps influence young pupils to read the magazine, creating a more casual atmosphere. I thought that having a older student would  help attract a variety of ages to read the magazine. But I didnt think it was fully effective for the magazine.



The third image I took was a medium long shot of the student with the upper school foyer doors in the background. I decided to test out this shot beacuse I thought that as well as the the sign, the yellow in the background would help match the colour scheme of my magazine espeically due the fact the lettering of the splash has the exact same colours (yellow and black). Also I decided to take the photo of the upper school doors instead of the doors of lower school reception because the location of the sixth form resource area is here which relates to the student. But the only negative point like the first image I took is that you cannot see the student's emotion. Also I thought it could be considered as boring.


The fourth image I took was to try an give an impression of inside the school to the readers who do not attend King Henry. But this didnt work as no detail can be seen and again we are focusing on the background rather than the female student.


Lastly I decided to take a medium close up of the girl with just a plain background of a brick wall, this way we only focus on the girl which is supposed to be the importance of the magazine. But the brick wall still gives us an indication that we are on school premises. I feel that it is simple yet very effective it allows the audience to pay attention to what is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment